Mittwoch, 11. Oktober 2017

When Ohio Joins San Pedro

Bildergebnis für firehose band

One thing I really love about the blogs I constantly visit is that sometimes you are surprised about a post you didn't expected and your musical fondness changes rapidly. This happened when Brian posted about fIREHOSE last week. When Minutemen appeared on the scene nothing was like before. I played Double Nickles On The Dime at these days very often and was deeply sad when I heard about D.Boon's deadly accident and thought by myself that another band will vanish in history. The more I was surprised when fIREHOSE revived from the fragments of Minutemen. Ragin', Full On was a highlight in 1986 but for me they're second record If'n means more to me. Moving away from the tradition of Minutemen to more extensive song. This album is more different than their first and showed their mellow side and their heavy side as well. I think that Mike Watt was the leading figure in this band at this time. He wrote most of the songs and the way he played the bass was extraordinary. I spent the last days for hours listening to their old output and never got tired listening to them. Great band, great songs, great fun.

fIREHOSE - Something
fIREHOSE -  Windmilling
fIREHOSE - For The Singer Of REM
fIREHOSE - In Memory Of Elisabeth Cotton


2 Kommentare:

The Swede hat gesagt…

It looks as though we both had our memories jogged by Brian's post Walter. Hastily reacquired fIREHOSE albums have been on almost constant rotation in my house for the past week.

Brian hat gesagt…

Walter, Looks like you have a special appreciation for the If'n album. The fellas went a little bit pop with that one... and were most triumphant. There are times I think that's my favorite. Thanks for the mention!